Certified Naturally Grown & rotationally grazed chicken, minimally supplemented with Certified Organic, non-GMO and Soy-Free locally milled feed.
We are proud to serve some of the best pastured chicken in Central Virginia. We make weekly deliveries to Charlottesville, Lynchburg, and Covesville areas.
Our pastured and nutrient-dense chicken operation seeks to mimic and enhance the patterns and perfection of nature and its inextricably complex web of interrelationships.
After our chicks spend their fragile first two weeks in our clean, bright, and open-aired brooder house, we set them out to pasture in open & movable chicken shelters where they rotationally graze freely and abundantly. With the utmost liberty, they select their daily bounty of lush pasture grasses, bountiful clover, protein-dense insects, soil organisms, and certified organic, non-GMO, and soy-free feed.
To properly distribute their manure and to maintain a consistent feast of fresh pasture, we move each shelter twice per day from the day they reach the pasture to the day they leave it. Period.
Concerning supplemental feeds, which all chickens require to maintain proper and healthy levels of minerals, nutrients, and proteins, we exclusively use Certified Organic, non-GMO, and soy-free locally milled feed.
We take great pride that less than 20% of our chicken’s daily diet is this supplemental and organic feed. The other 80% is provided by nature. This is nearly opposite from our competitors in the industry.
We process all of our chickens on our farm. This not only does this ensure a magnificent end product, but allows our zero-waste system to deeply and fully respect our animals. Instead of causing great stress during transportation and processing, our chickens spend no time in cages, on the road, or in holding centers. They go straight from the pasture to the freezer.
The end result yields a chicken that is happy and healthy; one that has the strength, energy, and stamina to fly and roost, to run and forage—to express their true “chickenness” all their long life; one that promoted ecological restoration during its life and nutritional restoration in its death.
Featured Pastured Chicken Products
View All Pastured Chicken Products